I love the smell of baked goods in the oven. I noticed I had some crumbled goat cheese leftover from a dinner party so I decided to make good use of it along with some beer in the fridge. Enjoy!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 3 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 5 scallions, minced
- 4 ounces of goat cheese, crumbled
- 1 12-ounce beer, room temperature (I used Bock)
- 1/4 cup of melted butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, scallions, and goat cheese.
Stir beer into the dry ingredients and mix well. Be sure not to overmix.
Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and then pour the melted butter on top.
Bake for 50-60 minutes until golden brown. You can check the doneness by inserting a toothpick in the middle of the loaf and see if it comes out clean. Serve with soup or stew or on its own.