Last night, Chris and I had Hawaiian food for dinner. It took me back to the times when we vacationed in Hawaii and all the wonderful poke dishes we had. I was inspired to make my own version of tuna poke at home. This is awesome with some rice and a side of macaroni salad (not pictured). I didn’t make the salad, as I was lazy. I’ll have a write-up of the recipe soon in another post.
- 1 pound of sushi-grade ahi tuna, diced
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 2 scallions, minced
- 1/2 of a Persian cucumber, sliced (half-moon shape)
- 1 teaspoon of sesame oil
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon of sriracha hot chili sauce, depending on how spicy you like it
- 1/4 teaspoon of soy sauce or less if you don’t want your poke too dark
- 1/4 teaspoon of sesame seeds (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine tuna, avocado, scallions, cucumber, sesame oil, sriracha, soy sauce and sesame seeds. Mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Serve over rice.