Salami French Bread Pizza

Salami French Bread Pizza

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! Chris and I drove up to Healdsburg this past weekend and indulged ourselves in some serious seafood tapas at our favorite restaurant (pictures posted here).  Afterwards, we went to our favorite bakery up there to pick-up some sweet treats.   By the time when we got home, I was feeling extremely lazy.  But I still have to get dinner on the table.  So, I threw something together quickly.  I love those meals where it’s easy to assemble, takes no time to make and is easy to clean up.  Sometimes, you just need those no-brainer recipes in your repertoire.  Enjoy the week.

Salami French Bread Pizza

• 1 loaf of ciabatta bread, split in half lengthwise
  • 1 cup of your favorite tomato sauce
  • 2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese (feel free to add more or less to suit your palate)
  • 16 slices of salami (I used calabrese salami)
  • grated parmesan cheese
  • fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
  • red pepper flakes

Salami French Bread Pizza

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Place bread on the baking sheet and spread tomato sauce evenly over the top.  Top the sauce with cheese and salami and then a bit more cheese.

Bake for 6-10 minutes to melt the cheese.  Turn the oven off and turn the broiler on.  Brown the top slightly, about 1-2 minutes.  Cut into 2-3 inch pieces.  Sprinkle grated parmesan cheese, chopped parsley and red pepper flakes on top.  Allow the pizza to cool slightly before serving.

Salami French Bread Pizza

My mom used to make a similar dish for us on days when she felt lazy (or if there were leftovers that needed to be used up); she called it “Poor Man’s Pizza”! I never think of making it, but I should!!! Looks delicious.

2. Chris says

Pizza is one of those things that I can eat for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. I don’t know why I love it so much, especially the marinara sauce versions. And in my experience, “poor man’s” anything ends up curing any comfort food cravings you might have.

Gotta love the lazys when you get back from all that sweet/bakery shopping! I love salami…and especially this recipe!
    Anne, have you heard of this new site, Recipleaser? Check it out and put your recipes on there…telling you bcz your stuff rocks!

Love delicious quick and easy meals like this that require little clean up time:) This looks fantastic and so tasty Anne! Love the close up shot showcasing the cheese and parsley – makes me want to dive right in! Have a great week Anne:)

Oh, this looks so delicious, Anne! What a great idea to whip up in a jiffy for dinner (or lunch!). It’s a great reminder how just a little bit of creativity can take you far =) Thanks so much for sharing, lovely; hope all is wonderfully well with you. Big hugs xo!

I love this easy peasy pizza recipe. No need to make pizza dough at all. My mom used to make pizzas from regular sandwich bread. Really lovely idea.

This looks wonderful, Anne. At one time, I made french bread pizza frequently. It’s quick, easy to prepare, and there’s no cardboard box to try to squeeze into the fridge. Love that you use salami, one of the major food groups. :)

I know.. I hate having to toss out those large cardboard boxes whenever I order them from restaurants. Might as well make them at home. You can throw whatever you want on there. Have a good rest of the week John! :)

8. Nami | Just One Cookbook says

Drool… I think my kids and I like to eat this for lunch this week! Kids love salami…I have to get good ones from butcher soon so I can try this one. Looks so delicious!