Guest Post: Lemon and Basil Frozen Daiquiri

Lemon and Basil Frozen Daiquiri

Here’s a cocktail to kick off the 4th of July! Chris made this refreshing drink to keep us cool.  Cheers everyone!

So as Anne mentioned in her previous post, it’s been pretty warm here lately. Not triple digits warm, but warm enough that a cold beverage sounded really good. We had some leftover basil and lemons, so I decided to make a lemon and basil daiquiri. I love the classic recipe, shaken with ice, but today demanded an adult slushie. It rendered enough for probably four servings, although we finished it off ourselves. 😉

Lemon and Basil Frozen Daiquiri

• 4 ounces of light rum
  • 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
  • 15-20 basil leaves
  • 6 tablespoons of ultra-fine sugar
  • ice

Combine all ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth.
Pour into glass, garnish with basil leaf.

Comments

I love it and I am the first one to post a comment. woo hoo! This is one awesome slushy andl ove the combination with the basil and lemon in both your cake and your cocktail. This is really fun and don’t forget to pull this one back out on St. Patty’s day. Take care, BAM

2. Lisa says

I’m melting out here too and Chris’ cocktail looks so inviting. Like an oasis in the desert. 😀

Another reason why finally buying a blender was a great decision! It’s so hot and humid lately – I could really use an icy drink like that right now!

Thanks! I’m not a big blended cocktail drinker, I prefer daiquiri’s and margaritas on the rocks. But every once in awhile I’ll crave one. Plus, I didn’t make this one very sweet.

Oh, I LOVE this lemon and basil combination in a drink. It looks so good and refreshing! Perfect to cool down on a hot day – just lovely! Thanks for sharing and happy 4th of July :)

I love this! I’m usually more a classic cocktail sort, but I do like playing with drinks, too. This really looks like a winner – definitely something I’ll try at some point. And so pretty! Good stuff – thanks.

What a genius idea! Can’t wait to try this out… I just LOVE my cocktails in the summer and I’m always looking our for new ones. Thanks Anne!

Trackbacks