Pumpkin Ale Brown Butter Blondies + Happy 1 Year Uni Homemaker!

Pumpkin Ale Brown Butter Blondies

Today, I celebrate my 1 year blogiversary! I can hardly believe a year has passed.  I loved every moment of it, except the stealing part.  It truly has been a wonderful year filled with lots of delicious food and connecting with other bloggers and readers.  And here’s to many more!

Pumpkin Ale Brown Butter Blondies

I thought I’d do a sweet post today in celebration of my blogiversary.  This is my first brown butter recipe.  I’ve been seeing a lot of brown butter recipes out there and thought I’d do one myself.  This isn’t your usual type of blondies.  It’s not overly sweet and dense like the ones I’m used to.  It has a lovely pumpkin-y and nutty flavor from the brown butter.  It’s sweet enough as an after-dinner treat, but not overly sweet for breakfast in the morning with your coffee, yum!
Happy 1 year Uni Homemaker!

Pumpkin Ale Brown Butter Blondies

• 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) of unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup of light muscovado sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla bean paste
  • 1/2 cup of pumpkin ale (I used Blue Moon)

Pumpkin Ale Brown Butter Blondies

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease a 9″ x 13″-inch baking pan.

In a small sauce pan over medium heat, brown butter and stir occasionally.  Once browned, remove from heat immediately.  Keep in mind that once you remove butter from heat, it will continue to brown while it continues to cook.  Keep a close eye on the butter, as it can burn quickly.  Set aside and let the brown butter cool.

In a medium bowl mix together flour, baking powder and salt; set aside.

Using a stand or electric mixer (or mix by hand) mix brown butter and sugars until combined.  Beat in eggs and vanilla paste.  Then add flour mixture to the butter mixture a little at a time alternating with the pumpkin ale.  Pour batter into the prepared pan, using your spatula to distribute the batter evenly.

Bake for 25-30 minutes (rotating once halfway through) or until toothpick/tester inserted into the center comes out clean.  Let the blondies cool completely before cutting.

Adapted from Buttercream Blondie

Pumpkin Ale Brown Butter Blondies

Comments

Happy blog anniversary! Wow – I’m actually really surprised your blog is only a year old. Would’ve thought you’d been blogging a lot longer. : ) I really enjoy checking in here and seeing what you’re cooking. Have a great day!

Happy Anniversary Anne! You’ve been an inspiration to me each and every post and I look forward to what next year brings! Blondies sound great, btw!

I just had one of these with my coffee, it pairs so well with coffee or tea. Anne knows pumpkin anything is my favorite food, and when she saw pumpkin ale she got excited for me. Always the selfless one. Happy blogiversary Uni Homemaker!

LOL ^ The ale caught my eye too. And the pumpkin tells me it’s close to the season=) Happy blogiversary Anne! Love seeing your posts=)

Happy blogiversary!!!! How exciting you’ve made it to the 1 year mark. I don’t even remember when I started my blog, haha. These brownies sound like the perfect way to celebrate :)

A very happy blogiversary to you and your blog! I haven’t been reading for the full year, but have really enjoyed the posts I have read and the recipes I’ve made… here’s to the next 12 months!

Happy First Anniversary Uni Homemaker and Dear Anne! *(^o^)/*
    I cannot believe that you started blogging 3.5 months after me and… WOW, look at your blog!
    I want my blog to grow up to be like yours! Thank you for amusing us for the last one year, and we are looking forward to be amused for many more years to come!
    I should mention your anniversary on the post I did on your Nutella Swirl Cheesecake!
    Hugs, Fae.

Congratulations on reaching your First Birthday! These blondies are a great way to celebrate the milestone. They look good and rich, just like blondies should. I cannot wait to see what you’ll share with us in the year(s) to come.

Whoa!! BIG congratulations are in order! Getting to a year is no easy feat!! I’m loving the browned butter and pumpkin in these…a perfect pair!

Happy happy anniversary Anne! I can’t believe you’ve only been doing this for a year! These blondies sound awesome – I only tried browned butter for the first time recently and am now obsessed. I feel like I’ve been missing out all this time! Need to make up for that : )

Congratulations! Happy Anniversary!
    I have never tried and made blondies before. Are they like brownie but without chocolate? I love brown butter anything. That nutty flavor is just unique and tasty. I gotta try this.

Happy Blogiversary! You have found a medium that shows off your many talents…cooking, baking, writing, photography! This is a wonderful combinations of flavors, all toasty and warm. I’ve been so curious about using browned butter in baking and am excited to try these. :)

13. Nami | Just One Cookbook says

Yay! Happy first blogiversary!!! It’s exciting and and I love the blondies you shared on this special occasion. I tried brown butter for the first time this year and the smell and the taste of brown butter is VERY addicting. Now that I remember it I started craving!! 😉 Looking forward to your more of your posts this year!

pumpkin blondies with browned butter and muscovado sugar….bet this can’t get any better…we are so eager to make these goodies tomorrow,it looks scrumptious,thanks for sharing :-)

Happy 1 Year Blogiversary, Anne! Your bars look fabulous! By the way…pinned your Garlic Chipotle Cheesy Bread to a group board (Deliciousness) and the crowd went wild! (Major pinning action at Pinterest!) Once again, happy 1st anniversary, girl! xo

Happy 1 year Anne! I can’t believe you’ve only been blogging a year – you’re such a pro! Your blondies are calling my name! I am so ready to do some baking with pumpkin. They sound perfect with brown butter.

17. M says

Happy anniversary Anne! How time flies…
    E and I are so happy for you. Hope you enjoy your days off, and we hope to see you guys soon, ciao.

I’m so sorry that I missed your Blogiversary, happy belated 1 year Anne! I’ve really enjoyed reading your posts and I definitely hope to read many more of your delicious mouthwatering recipes for years to come :)
    These pumpkin ale spiked brown butter blondies sound like the perfect way to toast in this special milestone occasion :) Yum!

Trackbacks