Fig Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread Pizza

Fig Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread Pizza

We had an uneventful weekend.  It was scorching hot both Saturday and Sunday, and I wanted to limit my time in the kitchen as much as possible.  One of the meals was a quick pizza I put together.  Everything was basically ready to eat.  All I did was melt the cheese and warm up the bread.  Aren’t flatbreads wonderful? They make for a really quick meal.  Yes, I had the oven on on a scorching hot day, but it was for a short amount of time and totally worth it.

Fig Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread Pizza

I love the combination of fig, prosciutto and arugula.  This is also a fantastic combination for a salad.  Have a great week!

Fig Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread Pizza

• 1 flatbread pizza crust (mine was 10-inches)
  • 1 tablespoon of fig butter (fig chutney or fig jam will work too)
  • 5 slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
  • salt and pepper to season
  • 1 cup of fresh arugula (I used organic)
  • 1-2 slices of prosciutto, chiffonade
  • 4-5 black figs, cut in half

Fig Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread Pizza

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.

Place the flatbread on the baking sheet and spread fig butter evenly over the top.  Top the fig butter with mozzarella cheese.  Season with salt and pepper.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese melt.  Remove from the oven and layer the pizza with arugula, prosciutto and figs.  Cut into 3-4 pieces and serve.

Fig Prosciutto and Arugula Flatbread Pizza

Comments

I just bought some fig jam the other day at the store – I think I see flatbreads in my near future! I love the combination of the figs, prosciutto and arugula – so good! Happy Monday Anne!

I love arugula! This is the kind of pizza I wish I’d ate after I have some sort of meat lover’s slice! Looks beautiful and delicious, Anne. Have a great week! It is nice and cool where I am!

Great combination of flavors – the sweetness of figs & fig jam, the sharpness of arugula and the saltiness of the prosciutto – plus the creamy goodness of fresh mozzarella !!!

When Anne brought home the jar of fig butter I was curious. “What are thinking of making with that?”
    “A fig flat bread pizza.”
    Mind was blown. This is a deceptively simple recipe, with a sophisticated looking outcome. And the fig butter really tied everything together.

5. joyfromyesterfood says

Anne, this is just stunning. I grew up with a fig tree in the side yard, and I love fig everything. :) Thanks for sharing this beautiful recipe!

Love, Joy
    Yesterfood

Oh, girl…this pizza looks sooooo good! (I’m hungry for dinner and just visited Kristin’s blog and saw her Fig Dressing recipe!) I’m drooling. Gorgeous photography! It is sweltering hot here in Indy, too. Temps in the mid-90s this week. It’s still summer here! :) I need some fig butter in my life…pronto. Thanks for sharing, Anne! Pinning!

We have a fig tree in our front yard that I hadn’t utilized as I wasn’t that familiar with figs and what to do with them. Recently, though, a friend of ours made a fig, walnut, and honey appetizer that was so delicious. And now I have your pizza recipe also. Your pictures are so pretty, and the recipe sounds like a great combination of flavors. I’m so glad you posted it. Thank you!

8. Juliana says

Great combination of flavors Anne, salty prosciutto with the sweetness of the figs…yum!
    Have a wonderful week ahead 😀

I think I could eat flatbreads/pizzas every day and not get tired of them! This looks gorgeous! I keep eyeing this fig spread at the grocery store but haven’t bought it yet. Now I have the perfect reason to buy it. :) I adore fresh figs. I had my first fresh one when I was in Greece quite a few years ago and it was one of the best things I’d ever eaten.

You cannot go wrong with fresh figs and prosciutto, Anne, and tossing them on to a pizza is perfection. Great idea and I will be making this much sooner than later. Thanks. :)

This looks delicious, Anne! Salad pizzas are a new favorite of mine. The lightness appeals to me in the summer. I love dried figs but, would you believe, I have never eaten fresh figs. I didn’t know what to do with them. Now I do. :) Thanks.
    Have you ever tried “baking” your pizza outside on a covered bbq grill? It saves the kitchen from heating up and produced a delicious crust incredibly fast.

Such a lovely dish! I’ll eat figs in anything, and this pizza has such great flavor. Really nice, healthy, and fast. Good stuff! Thanks.

Trackbacks