Nutella Swirl Chocolate Chip Blondies

Nutella Swirl Chocolate Chip Blondies

I think I have found a new love.  And that’s these blondies.  They may look ordinary but they taste extraordinary! You’ll know what I’m talking about once you sink your teeth into these.  And you can’t just stop at one.

Nutella Swirl Chocolate Chip Blondies

These were made a few weeks ago and I’m now getting around to posting it (oops!).  Shame on me for the delay.  I’ve been holding out.  So now I’m sharing them with you.  Don’t you just want to hurry into the kitchen and make these? Be sure to have plenty of milk on hand because you’ll need it.  It is after all blondies with Nutella and chocolate.  Enjoy!

Nutella Swirl Chocolate Chip Blondies

• 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup of light muscovado sugar
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, melted
  • 1 egg
  • 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup of milk (I used 2%)
  • 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided (3/4 cup of it will go into the batter and reserve 1/4 cup for sprinkling on top of the batter)
  • 4 tablespoons of Nutella

Nutella Swirl Chocolate Chip Blondies

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.

Using a stand or electric mixer (or mix by hand) whisk together sugars and butter.  Add egg, vanilla extract and milk.  Continue to whisk until combined.  Add flour, baking powder and salt.  Mix until just moistened but do not overmix.  Fold in 3/4 cup of chocolate chips.  Scrape batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly with a spatula.  Dollop individual tablespoons of Nutella over the batter.  Using the tip of a knife or chopstick, carefully swirl Nutella into the batter back and forth a few times to marble it.  Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of chocolate chips over the top.

Bake for 25-28 minutes or until toothpick/tester inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, and the edges begin to slightly brown.  Allow the blondies to cool completely before cutting into the pan.

Nutella Swirl Chocolate Chip Blondies

Comments

I’ve always loved blond brownies – I used to make them a lot when my sons were young. And I bet the addition of Nutella really “brings the flavor up a notch” !!

Wow!! Do these look delicious! I have not worked with nutella, in large part because it scares me to a degree. I don’t think I could restrain myself from completely indulging in it! Clearly, it’s time for me to take the plunge, be strong, and try my hand at these blondies. Thanks for this awesome looking idea!!

3. marcie@flavorthemoments says

There’s nothing ordinary about these blondies, Anne! They look so delicious — I love the contrast between the blondie and the Nutella and chocolate. They look heavenly!

My, oh my…I think it’s a no-brainer that these blondies would be divine. I love Nutella and I just want to chomp right into those big swirls of them in your moist blondies. I just might want these more than brownies, and I love myself some brownies! : )

Oh no you didn’t! Nutella in a blondie? These look AMAZING! They look so perfectly dense…that just barely cooked texture I love.

6. Juliana says

Yum! This is what I said to myself when reading the title of this post…these bars look wonderful, love the swirl…another yum!
    Anne, thank you so much for the kindhearted words, I really appreciate.
    Have a wonderful week ahead my dear 😀

Hi Norma: Yes you can use PB, as long as it is not straight from the fridge. It needs to be supple for you to do the swirl mark. Keep in mind that the swirl mark won’t be as pronounced since it’s so close to the batter color.

Oh my, Anne…already pinned these before I was beginning to read. I was just too distracted. they are amazing. Now I can use the little jar of Nutella I’ve bought…and was trying to figure out what to make with it. Your pictures are amazing. (Almost 3D like…seriously!)

Oh my goodness, these blondies look so phenomenal Anne! I adore blondies and when you add Nutella and chocolate chips that’s a guarantee winner for sure! I wish I was your neighbor so I could enjoy your yummy food that you share :) I could eat the whole batch of these! Pinning for sure :)

These do look good, Anne, dangerous good. They’re the type of thing I’d bake and inhale. How could I possibly resist blondies made with Nutella? It just ain’t gonna happen. :)

Anne these look dangerous! haha I think I would want to eat a few too many of these babies! I haven’t made blondies in probably over a year … this needs to change!

These look like the best brownies I’ve ever seen! That nutella swirl is gorgeous and it’s calling my name. I need these in my life like right now, please! xx

These are calling my name, Anne! Ha! I know how it is with posts. I have a couple recipes from a while back that I still haven’t shared. I need to get on the ball and share them!

Enjoy the rest of your week! :)

Oh man… I really do want to make this but I haven’t got Nutella. Travesty! I have everything else except that. Maybe I’ll do a peanut butter version. :-)

Trackbacks