Linguini with Roasted Red Pepper and Pancetta

Linguini with Roasted Red Pepper and Pancetta

Today is National Pasta Day! And as such, I have prepared this lovely and tasty dish.  You may think pancetta and roasted red peppers are not flavorful enough, but with anchovy paste and white wine… it packs a ton of flavors!

Linguini with Roasted Red Pepper and Pancetta

Now, I roasted my own red peppers but you can certainly go the quick and easy route and use jarred red peppers.  This dish was quick to prepare and easy on the eyes.  You can certainly entertain with this dish.  Isn’t it pretty? I love the red and green contrast.  Easy peasy, pretty and tasty! Have a great weekend and see you all next week!

Linguini with Roasted Red Pepper and Pancetta

• 2 large red bell peppers
  • 1 slice of pancetta about 1/2″ thick, coarsely chopped
  • olive oil for cooking
  • 1 tablespoon of anchovy paste
  • 1 medium onion, sliced
  • 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
  • 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes, crushed (using the tip of your fingers)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of dried thyme
  • 1/2 cup of white wine (I used a Chardonnay)
  • 1 (16 ounce) package of linguini, cooked to al dente and drizzled with olive oil so it doesn’t stick; save ~1/4 cup of pasta water before draining
  • 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Italian parsley + extra for garnish
  • 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese (feel free to add more or less to suit your palate) + extra to sprinkle on top

Linguini with Roasted Red Pepper and Pancetta

Arrange bell peppers on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and place it under the broiler.  Roast the bell peppers and turn them occasionally with tongs until charred, about 15-20 minutes.  Transfer to a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap.  Let the peppers cool for 15-20 minutes before handling them.  Using your fingers, rub or peel the skin off the peppers and discard.  Cut the stem and seeds from the peppers and discard.  Julienne the peppers and set aside.

In a large skillet over medium high heat add a little bit of olive oil and chopped pancetta to the pan and cook until brown.  Using a slotted spoon, transfer pancetta to a plate and set aside.

In the same skillet over medium high heat add olive oil, anchovy paste, sliced onion and garlic.  Cook until onions soften then add red pepper flakes and dried thyme.  Stir to combine.  Pour wine into the pan and let it bubble and reduce, about 2 minutes.  Add linguini, parsley and grated parmesan cheese.  Toss pasta to combine and then add a bit of pasta water to bind everything.  Remove the skillet from heat and add peppers and pancetta.  Continue to toss the pasta until everything is combined.  At this point the pasta is ready.  Check for seasoning, if needed, before serving.  Garnish pasta with extra chopped parsley and extra parmesan cheese, if desired.

Linguini with Roasted Red Pepper and Pancetta

Comments

1. Lisa says

This pasta dish looks so inviting right now. I can only imagine the flavors with each bite. You can never go wrong with Pancetta and pasta. Love the vibrant colors!

National Pasta Day? Woo hoo! I can carb-load guilt free today. Your pasta dish does look pretty enough to be served to guests and I love roasted red peppers. I’ve never used anchovy paste before, good to know!

I love how simple yet delicious this looks. What an awesome combo of flavors, this sounds so tasty! Have a great weekend, Anne :)

One of my favorite pastas is spaghetti aglio e olio – instead of just garlic and oil, the recipe I use starts with a good amount of anchovies. It gives it a ton of flavor and I’m a big fan of it. I love everything about this pasta – adding that white wine must make it so goood!

What a gorgeous pasta dish Anne! Such beautiful colors and I love the sound of this linguine with roasted red peppers and pancetta :) We are always on the look out for new pasta dishes and this looks and sounds so appetizing! Pinning so I can make it soon, thanks for sharing Anne and hope you have a great weekend!

For me pasta is like pizza in the sense that the simpler and less ingredients the tastier it is. And this fits the bill perfectly. We are definitely trying this soon!

7. Chris says

The pancetta and roasted red pepper go very well together. I love roasted vegetables, it gives vegetables a more deeper flavor but you still keep the crunch. Plus, is there anything more Fall than roasted vegetables?

your Linguini with Roasted Red Pepper and Pancetta is mouth-watering delicious and gorgeous. Now you’ve got me craving for a plate. It’s so easy to make I guess I should plan to make this for tonight’s dinner. Just need to go grab some yummy pancetta and I’m all set!

Beautiful dish! I’ve never met a pasta dish I didn’t love, and this one is no exception. Love the idea of the roasted red peppers. I occasionally do something similar with a tubular pasta (like penne) but really like the looks of the linguini in this dish. Good stuff – thanks.

I love pasta dishes like this Anne! You have lots of great things going on – I don’t doubt it’s packed with flavor. Have a great week!

What a colorful dish full of vibrant flavors! I especially enjoy pasta recipes that highlight the individual ingredients instead of burying them in sauce. Question about your red peppers. I put my roasted peppers in a paper bag before removing the skin. Have you ever tried that method? I was wondering how it compares to covering in plastic wrap. If you haven’t tried it, I may have to. Now you have me curious! :)

oh man this looks good. love the colors, and i imagine a little bit of anchovy paste goes a long way in making this dish just the right amount of savory. i might have to give this one a try.

love your blog, by the way. i just started reading your stuff recently, but the format is so clean i makes me want stay forever. keep up the awesome work!

I love all the vibrant colors in this dish! This has so many of my favorite flavors — chardonnay, pancetta, and parmesan, all in one dish?! This has my name written all over it : ) I must admit that I’ve never used anchovy paste, but I’ve been meaning to give it a try.