Remember my pumpkin chili? Well I took the leftovers and made it into a baked pasta dish. I love chili and all but having the same thing meal after meal can get boring and monotonous. This is before I learned about freezing chili. I’ll have to try that the next time I make a big pot. You can make this with any chili recipe, even canned ones.
This dish was so quick to put together, that is if you already have chili on hand. Perfect for a busy weeknight meal. Be sure to put this one on your dinner rotation this week and happy Tuesday!
- 1/2 (16 ounce) package of large elbow macaroni, about 8 ounces cooked until not quite al dente; about 6-7 minutes
- 3 cups of pumpkin chili
- 1/4 cup of sour cream
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- a handful of fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons of unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Preheat the broiler. Grease an 8-inch glass baking dish with olive oil or butter.
In a large bowl combine cooked macaroni, chili, sour cream, scallions, cilantro and chopped tomatoes. Mix well and pour pasta into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheddar and pepper jack cheese over the top. Then dot the entire dish with butter pieces.
Place the baking dish under the broiler until the cheese melts and the top is slightly brown, about 4-5 minutes. Remove the baking dish from broiler and let it sit for 5-7 minutes before serving.