Eggnog Kahlua Chocolate Chunk Crumb Muffins

Eggnog Kahlua Chocolate Chunk Crumb Muffins

Can you tell I’m a huge fan of crumbs? I can’t help it.  I just want to add crumbs to all my muffins, bread and cakes! I’m finally starting my holiday baking.  So for my first baking recipe, I thought I’d kick it off with something eggnog and something Kahlua! Yes, it’s a FANTASTIC combination if you haven’t tried it already.  This is definitely a muffin you’ll want to have coffee with.  It’s like peas and carrots, they go hand-in-hand.  And a little dark chocolate can never hurt in a combination like this.

Eggnog Kahlua Chocolate Chunk Crumb Muffins

Just before dinner, we snacked on a few of these.  They were so good that dessert came before dinner.  You’ll know what I mean when you bake these.  Eggnog.  Kahlua.  Chocolate.  Crumb.  Enough said.  Now go bake some.  Have a great weekend!

Eggnog Kahlua Chocolate Chunk Crumb Muffins

• 1/2 cup (1 stick) of unsalted butter, softened
  • 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
  • 1/3 cup of dark muscovado sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup of Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
  • 1 1/4 cup of eggnog
  • 2 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons of baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (I used Vietnamese cinnamon)
  • 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 (6 ounce) bag of bittersweet chocolate chunks (I used Scharffen Berger)

Crumb Topping:

• 1 cup of all-purpose flour
  • 1/4 cup of dark muscovado sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon (I used Vietnamese cinnamon)
  • 1/4 teaspoon of salt
  • 1 teaspoon of Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
  • 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) of unsalted butter, melted

Eggnog Kahlua Chocolate Chunk Crumb Muffins

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Line baking cups in the muffin pan (I lined a 12-cup and a 6-cup muffin pan).

Using a stand or electric mixer (or mix by hand) cream butter and sugars (granulated and muscovado) until fluffy.  Beat in egg, Kahlua and eggnog.  Mix until combined.

In a medium bowl whisk together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.  Slowly add the flour mixture into the eggnog mixture and mix until just moistened.  Fold in chocolate chunks.  Spoon batter into the lined muffin cups, about 2/3 full (I used a 3-tablespoons large cookie scoop).

For the crumb topping: Mix flour, muscovado sugar, ground cinnamon, salt, Kahlua and butter in a medium bowl with your fingertips until it looks like wet sand.  Sprinkle generously over each baking cup and bake for 20-22 minutes or until toothpick/tester inserted into the center comes out clean.  Cool slightly in the pan before transferring them to the cooling rack.

Eggnog Kahlua Chocolate Chunk Crumb Muffins

These muffins look incredible! Hehe I can live off crumbs too and wish I had some of these to snack on for my breakfast :) They look so moist and I love the festive holiday flavors in here! Pinning and hope you enjoy the rest of the week Anne :) xo

These muffins were so packed with flavor. My first bite was straight out of Jaws and there were so many flavors going on I had a hard time picking out the egg nog (my favorite part). Subsequent bites were accompanied by some coffee and yeah, Anne’s right, they really pair up well with coffee.

Oh, my! How is it possible to have all these wonderful words/flavors in one recipe title? I think I have died and gone to muffin heaven where I am sure that crumb topping is on everything…including angel food cake.

Ann –
    How creative, seasonal and festive. How in the world did you develop such a fabulous recipe with so many great ingredients and flavors? Yes, great with coffee – of course. Thank you for sharing. Your photos are just completely amazing, by the way. Take good care.
    Warmly – Shanna

I love your addiction to crumbs because I myself adore them too! These look amazingly delicious 😀

You got me on the chocolate chunks alone (Scharffen Berger is so good)! I’m no expert on eggnog but it makes so much sense for baking and adding into muffins! These must be so moist and the flavor with all that plus kahlua! I need to try that. The crumb topping is seriously better than icing on any cake. These must be so good! I’ll take some for breakfast, snack, dessert…anytime!

ahhhhhh I AM LOVINGGGGGGGGGGG THESE MUFFINS!!!!! Firstly its festiveeeee which gets me all excited for Christmas! Secondly its got that amazingggg crumb topping which is just hard to resist!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE it! :)

Crumb topping makes everything better. And yes to all of the ingredients in here! Can’t wait to make these.

And thanks for commenting on my blog because now I’ve found your blog! Can’t wait to see what you make next : )

Crumb topping makes everything better. And yes to each of these ingredients! Can’t wait to make these.

And thanks for commenting on my blog, because now I’ve found your blog! Can’t wait to see what you make next : )

Isn’t it true…crumb topping makes everything better. I love it on muffins, it’s the “cherry on top”…just makes them perfect. I am loving this combination of kahlua, eggnog, and chocolate. Yum!

Kahlua and eggnog are kind of a perfect pair…can’t believe I’ve never thought to combine them before! They sound fabulous in these muffins!

Sprinkles may be the bling for looks but cumbs/streusel is the bling for taste! Crumbs are a requirement of any coffee cake I bake and any muffin I enjoy with coffee. :) These look wonderful, Anne! I can easily imagine those flavors being wonderful together. Eggnog is now on my shopping list and these muffins are on the “bake NOW” list. Thanks!

I love a good crumb topping. And chocolate. And muffins. Really, there’s nothing I wouldn’t like about this recipe! Good stuff – thanks.

Oh Anne – these look divine! Crumb topping is not my strongest baking skill, but you remind me I must practice (just an excuse for more baking!) – I absolutely love a good crumb!

These are so delicious looking :)
    I love the crumb topping and the combination of Kahlua and eggnog is quite unique
    I’d looooooooooove to grab one and eat

16. blahnikbaker says

Oh wow kahlua and eggnog!!! Amazing combination. I have to try it. And I really like crumb coats too :). This muffin is perfect.

I’m in love with all these flavors together Anne! And crumbs too! I could just eat a big pan of them. But I wouldn’t want to miss out on these amazing muffins! They’re stunning.

1. […] Eggnog Kahlua Chocolate Chunk Crumb Muffins from Uni Homemaker  – Holy YUMMM! These babies are loaded!! Christmas Cupcakes from Kiddie Foodies – I love the fact that these look like real ornaments! So cute & festive! […]