Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and Holiday Chip Brownie Bites

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and Holiday Chip Brownie Bites

Christmas is a week from now and wow, it sure sneaks up on you quickly.  Is it me or do you notice how quickly 2013 is going by? When I had a full-time office job, the year never passed this quickly.  Now that I’m a homemaker/blogger, the days go by in a blink of an eye.  Anyway, I hope everyone has gotten their Christmas shopping done.

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and Holiday Chip Brownie Bites

Dark chocolate peanut butter and holiday chip brownie bites.  Whew, it’s a mouthful to say! These cute little brownie bites are so dense, chocolatey and delicious.  Milk is a requirement when eating these little gems.  When Chris and I sampled these, we couldn’t stop eating them.  We had to restrain ourselves from eating the entire batch.  Haha! If you love dark chocolate AND peanut butter, you’ll love these babies.  Happy Wednesday!

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and Holiday Chip Brownie Bites

• 2 cups of dark chocolate peanut butter (I used Peanut Butter & Co. brand)
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • 1 1/4 cups of all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon of salt
  • 3/4 cup of holiday chips + extra to sprinkle on top (I used Nestle Tollhouse brand)

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and Holiday Chip Brownie Bites

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease or line baking cups in the muffin pan (I used 2 12-cup muffin pan and a 6-cup muffin pan).

Using a stand or electric mixer (or mix by hand) mix together peanut butter, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.  Then add flour and salt and mix until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl.  Fold in holiday chips.

Using a 1-1/2 tablespoon cookie scoop, spoon batter into each baking cup (about 1/3 full).  Sprinkle extra holiday chips on top.  Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the tester/toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.  Cool slightly in the pan before transferring them to the cooling rack.

Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter and Holiday Chip Brownie Bites

Comments

These sound amazing! And I agree – the year goes SO much quicker now that i work from home/am a SAHM, than it did when I worked in an office. Especially with the arrival of our baby this year, 2013 went by in the blink of an eye!

You are right, time has gone by so quickly! Maybe it’s just that you enjoy having the time to create beautiful recipes that makes the time fly! Your brownie bites look amazing! My family would gobble them up in no time!

This year did seem to fly by, I can’t believe Christmas is next week already! Oh my goodness, these brownie bites sound heavenly with all that dark chocolate peanut butter :) These look so decadent and yummy and I love how pretty and festive the holiday chips look! Pinning sweetie and hope you have a wonderful rest of the week :) xo

I would LOVE to make these – they look sooo delicious! I’ve never seen dark chocolate peanut butter – I’ll have to look for it. And I love how festive these cookies look with the ‘holiday chips’!!

When I think of the holidays visions of log cabins, snow, tall trees, colorful lights and holiday music come to mind. It’s kind of an elegant rustic theme going on in my head. These brownie bites fit that theme perfectly. I think mint chips would be great in these too!

Haha finish my Christmas shopping? Good one… I’m not even close yet. And while on the subject of not finishing things… I haven’t even started my holiday cookie baking yet!!! I’m so behind. This weekend will be spent in the kitchen for sure! These brownie bites look so decadently delicious! Definitely pinning them so I remember to make ’em!

I definitely do love dark chocolate and peanut butter! These sound so good Anne! I thankfully have finished my shopping but have absolutely nothing wrapped. Eeek! And way too many things to get done! haha

These are so festive looking and just looking at how plump they are, I can picture the dense yet soft texture! Plus chocolate and PB? You’ve got everyone’s favorite combo. I want some…can you tell?! : )

Every year time passes more quickly, doesn’t it? It can possibly be December yet – what happened to July? 😉 But I’m seeing loads of red and green decorations, so that’s proof enough December is here. These look wonderful – really nice recipe. Thanks.

Anne, no wonder you and Chris had trouble stopping eating these delightful and festive cookies…they look scrumptious! I am in total denial that Christmas is one week away already. In fact, I shall go by the Gregorian calendar and celebrate thru January 7th…just to get back that week we lost when Thanksgiving was so late this year. How about THAT? LOL! Thanks for sharing, girl. Pinning!

Wonderful recipe, Anne, and the cookies look so festive! I bought that brand of chocolate peanut butter a few years ago from the company in NYC. I gave it away as Christmas gifts and I was very popular. I’ve since seen that it’s made its way to our stores but I’ve a question. This stuff is seriously good. How ever did you keep from eating it so that you could use it in your cookie recipe? :)

12. Jaime says

These brownie bites do look amazing! I can’t help wondering, however, if any sort of sweetener was supposed to be included in the recipe and might have been inadvertently left out of the instructions? I made these for my family over our Christmas vacation and, while they were eagerly anticipated, they weren’t what we were expecting at all since the only pockets of sweet taste were due to the holiday chips! I found your recipe through Pinterest and followed it exactly – I even used the brand of peanut butter you suggested. I ended up making a peanut butter frosting with which to top these to sweeten them up and save them from being wasted after which they were received much better :) If there was an ingredient that was missed then I’d love to know about it so I can try it again!

Hi Jaime: Nothing was left out of the recipe, I made it as it was written. In our family, we don’t eat our desserts too sweet so I didn’t feel the need to add additional sugar to this recipe since the dark chocolate peanut butter had plenty of it + the holiday chips. You can certainly add sugar to it if you prefer it on the sweeter side. I’m glad to hear the PB frosting worked out for you.