My first post of the year. Yes, I’m extremely behind! Chris and I were away for our anniversary and when we got back from our mini-trip, there was so much to do around the house that blogging took a backseat again. Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely holiday! Can you believe we’re in 2014?! It’ll take some time before I get used to writing 2014 on my checks and signed documents.
I don’t know about you but after all the holiday food indulgence, I am detoxing. Yep, I am! Just for several days until that yucky bloated feeling goes away. Every time when I’m away from home, it’s so hard to eat healthily. I can see why some families vacation with a kitchen in their suite. It’s easier to prepare healthy meals while away, not to mention how much $$$ you save. So I wanted to start the new year with this recipe. Refreshing, healthy, light and delicious! Have a great week everyone.
- 1 avocado, diced
- juice of 1 lime, divided
- 3 Persian cucumbers, diced
- 15 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon of chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- crumbled feta cheese to sprinkle on top
- freshly cracked pepper
- Cucumber Tomato and Avocado Salad
- In a small bowl add avocado and juice of half a lime. Use your fingers to gently toss the avocado with lime juice; set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. Season with salt. Then add mint, cilantro, avocado and extra virgin olive oil. Squeeze the remaining half of the lime into the bowl. Toss everything together and transfer to a serving bowl/platter. Top the salad with crumbled feta cheese and freshly cracked pepper before serving.