This is the sandwich I paired up with my Roasted Heirloom Tomato Soup when Kimi was over.
- 6 slices of bread (I used Taiwan toast that I got from an Asian bakery)
- 6 slices of turkey deli meat
- 3 handfuls of shredded cheese (I used Gruyère and Swiss)
- 3 teaspoons of fig chutney (I used my homemade fig and port chutney)
- Butter for the outside of each sandwich
Grease a griddle pan or 12″ frying pan with olive oil. Turn your stove on to medium heat. Place 2 slices of turkey meat, 1 handful of cheese, and 1 teaspoon of fig chutney in between 2 slices of bread. Repeat this for each sandwich. Place your sandwich in the hot pan and brown each side of the sandwich. Be sure it’s not too hot or you’ll scorch the bread and the cheese won’t melt on the inside. Once browned, cut your sandwich in half and serve.