I love milk chocolate. The best milk chocolate chip, in my opinion, is Guittard. Their chocolate chips are fat and squatty —definitely not your average Nestlé chocolate chips. Whenever the chocolate chips are the star ingredient, I like to use Guittard. It really does make a difference in your baked goods.
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup of light brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup of butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of Mexican vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup of milk
- 1 (11 1/2 ounce) packages milk chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
Line baking cups in the muffin pan.
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well.
In a medium bowl, combine eggs, butter, vanilla extract, and milk until blended.
Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
Stir in the chocolate chips.
Spoon the batter into the lined muffin cups and bake for 18-20 minutes or until the cake tester/toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Transfer muffins to cooling rack.
Adapted from Charishma Ramchandani, Food.com