A couple of nights ago, I had turned the left over chili into a nacho plate and it was surprisingly good! Based on that statement, it’s obvious I don’t make nachos at home all that often. I think this is a great way to use up any kind of homemade chili. You can also use your favorite canned chili but I prefer mine freshly made. I did a combo of pepper jack and shredded cheddar. I think it gives it a nice color contrast. I also used my pickled jalapeno peppers for this —it was fantastic!
- 4 ounces of unsalted tortilla chips
- 1 cup of chili of your choice (I used my Three Meat Chili for this dish)
- 1/2 cup of shredded pepper jack cheese
- 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 pickled jalapeno peppers for garnishing (I used my own)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
Layer 2 ounces of tortilla chips onto an oven safe plate or bowl (I used a pie plate). Add 1/2 cup of chili and then add 1/4 cup of the pepper jack cheese and 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese. Then add another 2 ounces of tortilla chips, 1/2 cup of chili and then 1/4 cup of pepper jack and 1/4 cup cheddar cheese.
Bake for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with pickled jalapenos and serve.