This is the second time I have made pesto sauce from scratch. It tastes so much different than the stuff you get at the store. When you make it at home, there’s that taste of freshness that you don’t get with store bought pesto. I highly recommend making it yourself if you have the time.
- 12-14 large size raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 shallots, sliced
- olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 pound of fresh red pepper linguini, cooked according to package direction. I cooked mine for 1 minute, per the pasta shop’s instructions.
- pesto sauce (homemade or store bought, I made my own)
- salt and pepper to season
- parsley, finely chopped for garnish
In a medium skillet, sauté shallots until translucent. Then add shrimp and cook until opaque. Season with salt and pepper.
Mix pesto sauce and cooked pasta until well combined. Then add shrimp and shallots on top. Garnish pasta with parsley and serve.