Last night, we had Shrimp Onion and Sweet Pepper Quesadillas for dinner. I made this salsa mainly because I think mango pairs so well with shrimp than your typical tomato salsa. Not to mention how cheerful it looked.
- 1 mango, chopped
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (I left some seeds in for heat)
- 1/3 of a medium red onion, finely chopped
- a handful of Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground coriander
- a drizzle of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- salt and pepper to season
In a medium bowl combine mango, tomato, pepper, onion, parsley, ground coriander, olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Mix gently by hand until all ingredients are well incorporated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Check for seasoning before serving.