This sauce was so tasty in my pasta. I was a bit worried that it wouldn’t because of the texture of the walnuts in this sauce. But I blended extra long in my food processor so the texture of the nuts is less obvious in the sauce. It would be an excellent spread in any sandwiches (Panini comes to mind). Or an alternative to tomato sauce on pizzas.
- 1 pound of grape tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic divided, 2 cloves will roast with the tomatoes and keep 1 clove raw
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- fruity extra virgin olive oil enough to coat the tomatoes
- salt and pepper to season
- 1 handful of walnuts, toasted
- 2 handfuls of grated parmesan cheese
- fruity extra virgin olive oil to drizzle
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. In an oven safe pan, combine tomatoes, garlic, bay leaf, thyme, olive oil, salt and pepper. Mix well and bake for 30 minutes. Set aside and let it cool. Discard the bay leaf and thyme stems.
Combine tomato mixture, the remaining garlic, walnuts and parmesan cheese in a food processor and blend. Drizzle in olive oil while mixing until desired consistency.