I bought a big container of kimchi at the market so I’ll be doing a few more recipes with it. Naturally, kimchi fried rice comes to mind. The fried egg on top is optional but I think it really completes the dish.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 7 slices of pork belly, cut about 1″ wide (you can use spam, bacon, hot dogs or completely eliminate meat)
- oil for cooking
- 2 cups of cooked rice (this is a great way to use up day old rice)
- 1 1/2 cups of kimchi, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon of soy sauce
- 1 fried egg per serving
- chopped scallions for garnish
In a large pan, combine onions, garlic, pork belly and oil. Cook until pork belly is no longer pink. Add rice and use your wooden spoon to break up the rice. Add kimchi, sesame oil and soy sauce. Cook until everything is incorporated. Add a fried egg on top and garnish with chopped scallions.
* Please note when chopping your kimchi, it will stain your cutting board.