As mentioned in my 9/18 post, here’s another recipe with kimchi. I think I’m about half way done with my container. This is a great go-to recipe if you’re tired or lazy or don’t want to put a lot of effort into dinner. It’s easy, tasty and takes no time to make. It’s also a good go-to when you don’t want to put too much heat in the house. Enjoy!
- 2 batches of somen noodles, cooked (I got the Japanese somen)
- 1 1/2 cups of kimchi, chopped (add some kimchi juice if you have it)
- 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- scallions, finely chopped
- sesame seeds
In a large bowl combine somen, kimchi (kimchi juice too if you have it), vinegar, sesame oil and sugar. Mix until everything is well incorporated (I mixed with my hands –it’s just easier than using a kitchen tong). Garnish with scallion and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top.
* Please note when chopping your kimchi, it will stain your cutting board.