Yes, it’s another bread recipe. I always enjoy baking breads (yeastless) and muffins whenever my afternoons allow it. I just love the smell while it’s baking in the oven (who doesn’t?). I had a few slices of turkey bacon I wanted to use up and this was perfect for it.
- 1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, 1 stripped and chopped for the batter & 1 stripped for sprinkling on top prior to baking
- 2 handfuls of grated parmesan cheese, 1 handful for the batter & 1 handful for sprinkling on top prior to baking
- 3 slices of turkey bacon, chopped (2/3 of it will go into the batter and 1/3 of it is for sprinkling on top prior to baking
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup of buttermilk
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch square baking pan.
In a large bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, brown sugar, 1 sprig of rosemary (chopped) and 1 handful of parmesan cheese. Mix well and set it aside.
In a medium bowl combine egg, buttermilk and olive oil until blended.
In the dry ingredients bowl make a well in the center. Add your wet ingredients and stir. Fold in 2/3 of the chopped turkey bacon until combined.
Pour batter into the greased pan. Using your spatula, distribute your batter evenly around the pan. Sprinkle 1 handful of grated parmesan cheese, 1/3 of chopped turkey bacon and 1 sprig of whole rosemary leaves on top. Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the cake tester/toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.