Moving day is fast approaching and all my cookware and bakeware are packed away. I leave you with this one last recipe until I get settled in the new place. Au revoir!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- oil for cooking
- 8 slices of pork belly, cut about 1/2″ wide
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced
- 3.5 ounces of shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups of cooked rice (great way to use up day old rice)
- 1/2 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of dry sherry
- 5 heads of baby bok choy, washed and roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to season
- chopped scallions for garnish
In a large deep skillet over medium high heat add onion and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Cook for 5 minutes and then add pork belly. Cook for 2-3 minutes and then add carrots and shiitake mushrooms. Cook until mushrooms are slightly brown and then add eggs. Let the eggs set a bit but not completely cooked and then add rice. Break up the rice using your wooden spoon. Add soy sauce, sesame oil and sherry. Cook until everything is incorporated. Add the bok choy last, as it takes no time to cook. Check for seasoning and then garnish with chopped scallions.