It has been extremely hot in my house lately so I’ve been reluctant to turn anything on in the kitchen. I generally don’t care for salads because it leaves me hungry most of the time. But because of the weather, I made an exception. I paired this salad with a slice of Savory Ham Cheese and Olive Cake (recipe to come soon) and it was the perfect light meal for us. The cucumber and tomatoes combined tasted so refreshing that I’m beginning to have second thoughts about salads. Have stellar Tuesday!
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 2 vine tomatoes, diced
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of fresh dill, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- crumbled feta cheese to sprinkle on top
- freshly cracked pepper
In a medium bowl add cucumber, tomatoes, chopped shallots, parsley and dill. Drizzle balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil on top. Then season with salt. Toss salad and sprinkle feta cheese and cracked pepper before serving.